Thinking about replacing your Houston windows? For the best possible results, you should pursue professional installation from Replacement Windows of Katy in Houston. Poor window installation can diminish efficiency, impair aesthetics, and weaken performance. But how long does the installation take, and what does the process entail? Find the answers to your questions here.
How Long Does Window Installation Typically Take?
It typically takes about two to six weeks from the time you place your order until your windows arrive (this can vary depending on the time of year and type of windows you order as well).
On installation day, the time it takes to complete your project depends on the type and number of windows you’re installing. In general, you can expect the crew to spend approximately 30 minutes to an hour on each window, removing the old one and putting the new one in its place. For residential projects, the entire job can sometimes be finished in a single day.
What Does the Window Installation Process Entail?
Replacing the windows in your Houston home requires precision and accuracy. A three-phase approach ensures a quality installation and your complete satisfaction.
Leading Up to Installation Day
- The Installer assigned to your project visits your home to take exact window measurements and compile a list of materials the team will need to complete the installation.
- An inside support team member reviews a computer-generated material order. The procurement department carefully checks the order as well to ensure it matches the exact quantities and specifications you need. Then the procurement department places the order.
- The window manufacturer receives an order acknowledgment and begins production.
- When your order arrives in our warehouse, the installer calls you to schedule the installation at a convenient time for you.
On Installation Day
- The installation crew arrives in a timely manner and installs each window skillfully.
- The crew removes installation debris after completing each window. At the end of the installation process, the crew removes all debris from the job site and leaves your home vacuum-clean.
- The crew leader performs a final walkthrough, inspecting each window for quality and instructing you on how to operate it. The crew leader also ensures the interior and exterior of your home is left tidy and clean.
- Upon receiving your satisfied approval, the crew leader asks you to sign a completion certificate.
Can I Install Replacement Windows Myself?
While it’s possible for an avid do-it-yourselfer to install windows without professional help, we don’t recommend it. Improper installation could have a negative effect on your home. Plus, if something goes wrong during the installation, you could be left with a very expensive mistake on your hands. DIY installation could even void your warranty.
For the best results, let the professionals handle window installation day. Your investment provides great value in the form of high energy efficiency, flawless aesthetics, and your peace of mind. Call Replacement Windows of Katy today at 281-392-5353 or visit us online at www.replacementwindowsofkaty.com