Benefits of Vinyl Windows for Your Houston, Texas Home
Vinyl replacement windows are more popular than ever in Houston, Texas. Vinyl windows are made from a plastic material call polyvinylchloride (PVC). PVC has a high R-value which means it provides significant insulation properties. Vinyl window design and technologies have come a long way over the years. Many window manufacturers are now offering lines of high quality vinyl windows. Following we will discuss some of the many advantages to vinyl windows.
Windows are thermal holes. An average home may lose 30% of its heat or air-conditioning energy through its windows. Energy-efficient windows save money each and every month. There are even some cases where new windows can be net energy gainers. The payback period for selecting energy-efficient units can be as little as two years.
Most high quality windows carry the Energy Star label. Products can earn the Energy Star label by meeting the energy efficiency requirements set forth in ENERGY STAR product specifications. EPA establishes these specifications based on the following set of key guiding principles:
- Product categories must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
- Certified products must deliver the features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency.
- If the certified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time.
- Energy efficiency can be achieved through broadly available, non-proprietary technologies offered by more than one manufacturer.
- Product energy consumption and performance can be measured and verified with testing.
- Labeling would effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers.
Houston vinyl windows are virtually maintenance free. They never need to painted, scraped or stained. They are easily cleaned with only soap and water. Because Houston vinyl windows are resistant to weather elements, they are more durable and will not age as quickly as other windows. The frame will not warp, crack, split, mold, or attract bugs because it is a sturdy plastic compound. The color is built into the compound so it will not fade due to sun or other weather elements. Vinyl windows do not absorb any of the pollution or moisture that is in the air even in extremely humid conditions.
Vinyl windows in Houston are the least expensive option of all window materials. This does not mean that quality has to be sacrificed. As previously mentioned, most high quality window manufacturers offer a premium line of vinyl windows. These windows are less expensive to produce however new innovations and state-of-the-art technologies have ensured superior quality and smooth operation are possible.
For more information contact Replacement Windows of Katy in Houston at 281-392-5353 or check out our website at www.replacementwindowsofkaty.com